Thursday, June 6, 2013

ONLINE EDUCATION: creativeLIVE Illustrator CLASS

Happy Thursday! It's creativeLIVE time again, and on today's agenda is an Adobe Illustrator class, and I can't. wait. I have ben playing around in Illustrator a bit (I designed all my mom's Petite Pomme Preschool branding in it) but again I only know a fraction of what is possible in the program.


On Tuesday I watched Khara Plicnic's InDesign Class, and loved it so much, I purchased it for the $59 sale price. I'm so excited to use the templates she included in the class and rewatch so I can do a review here tomorrow- I'll do both the InDesign class and the Illustrator class review together.

creativeLIVE is putting on a whole week of Adobe Creative Apps For Beginners : Monday was Graphic Design for Beginners, Tuesday was InDesign, Wednesday was DreamWeaver (which I didn't watch- I  have never even opened DreamWeaver and don't really know what it does. Anyone else watch it?), Thursday is Illustrator, Friday is Photoshop, and Saturday is After Effects (another one I have never opened or know what it is). If you've purchased Adobe Creative Cloud like I did and have access to all this amazing software that you really don't know how to use, this is the PERFECT opportunity for you to dive in and get dirty with them.

One thing though- I have watched dozens of creative LIVE classes, and purchased a few, and I realized that many times I take notes on what I learned, but never go back and revisit those notes. It becomes a waste of time and money if we don't start putting our education into practice, so I'm going to create a learning system to go over the classes I took and review the material on a weekly basis so everything doesn't go out the window. I'll post my system once I develop it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover